The Steers software application (the “App”) is available for download from various app restaurants on compatible electronic devices.
The App enables users to order and purchase food and beverages from any of the participating Steers restaurants. As an alternative to placing an order via the App, orders can also be placed online via www.steers.co.za (the “Site).
These terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) govern the ordering, sale, delivery and collection of Food, and the use of the App, online ordering and Telephone Service.
These Terms and Conditions are binding and enforceable against every person that accesses or uses the App, the Site or Telephone Service, including without limitation each user who registers as contemplated below By using the App, the Site or Telephone Service, you acknowledge that you have read and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. You must not use the App, the Site or Telephone Service if you do not agree to the Terms and Conditions.
These Terms and Conditions apply to users who are consumers for purposes of the Consumer Protection Act 2008.
These Terms and Conditions contain provisions that appear in similar text and style to this clause and which –
- may limit the risk or liability of Steers or a third party; and/or
- may create risk or liability for the user; and/or
- may compel the user to indemnify Steers or a third party; and/or
- serve as an acknowledgement, by the user, of a fact.
Products and Promotions
- Certain products or promotions are only redeemable at participating Steers restaurants in South Africa.
- Steers reserve the right to amend or stop a promotion at any time.
- Certain offers are limited to one per customer or have a minimum order applied, per participating restaurant, within the specified period.
- Portion weights are raw weights.
- All visuals are suggested servings only.
- All offers available while stocks last.
- Prices are subject to change without prior notice.
- Should you be allergic to any food items, please request information regarding the ingredients before placing an order.
- Some food items have traces of nuts and sesame seeds, and are made using dairy products and wheat gluten.
- All food items are prepared in the same kitchen.
- All cans sold in restaurant are 330mls and all buddies are 440ml
- Each restaurant has a designated delivery area that is indicated on the Site for each particular restaurant in relation to where an order is placed. Only deliveries within the designated delivery area of 3km from the restaurant are accepted. If the delivery area is not specifically mentioned on the Site in relation to the particular restaurant that the order is placed, such area is deemed not to be included in the designated delivery area for that particular restaurant. Steers reserves the right not to delivery any goods to an area outside of the designated delivery area. However, Steers may, at its sole discretion, elect to deliver goods to area outside of the designated delivery area, subject to a reasonable delivery fee. In order to calculate the distance from the restaurant to the user for the purposes of determining whether delivery applies will be calculated as the ‘as the crow flies’ distance calculated from the restaurant ordered from, to the first point of entry (i.e. security gate). The calculation for determining the delivery will be based on the actual kilometres travelled ‘door to door’.
- Steers strives for the highest quality and therefore certain menu items might not be available for delivery, this includes ice cream cones & the Wacky Wednesday offer.
- Orders of 10 (ten) or more meals, whether they are ordered by a single user or multiple users acting in conjunction with one another, may be excluded from delivery or certain of the delivery Terms & Conditions might not apply.
- Delivery times may be affected due to bad weather, traffic conditions and/or any other unforeseen circumstances.
- We will be standardising our delivery terms and conditions across all our restaurants nationally from 1 February 2018. Steers will have a minimum order value of R65 and charge a R15 delivery fee on all deliveries.
Delivery Cost & Payments
- All extras will be charged for.
- All prices shown are inclusive of VAT at the standard rate.
- Prices are subject to change without prior notice.
- The payment choices are either cash or debit/credit card (VISA/MasterCard) for orders via the App, the Site or via the Steers contact centre.
Real Rewards – Vouchers
- All vouchers must be redeemed within the specified dates on the voucher.
- Expired vouchers cannot be redeemed.
- Vouchers cannot be exchanged for cash.
- Steers is not responsible if a voucher is lost, stolen, destroyed or used without permission and no replacement will be provided in these circumstances.
- Misuse constitutes fraud.
- No change will be given on vouchers.
All trademarks, trade names, logos and graphics which are a part of the Steers’ website, menu or any other promotional material, apart from those that form part of entities not controlled by Famous Brands and its subsidiary companies, remain the exclusive property of Famous Brands and its subsidiary companies. Without prior written consent from Famous Brands they may not be copied, distributed, reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or otherwise.
Access to Steers Delivery or call center may be suspended, temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons beyond our Steers’ reasonable control. Steers disclaims all liability for any malfunction, suspension or interruption of the App, the Site or hotline, including inaccessibility due to network problems. Reasonable efforts have been made to ensure that the website, our server and systems are virus-free but cannot guarantee that this is the case. It is recommended that virus protection software be utilised.